Day 29 May 30 Monday O’Cebriero

Day 29 May 30 Monday 

Well today is day one of week 5

Hard to believe 

Our weather forecaster had us in rain most of the day

Wrong again - overcast for the first hour and on / off again though out the day

Excellent day to do this 29 km walk which ended with 8 kms up the mountain to O’Cebriero - 600 m climb at the end of the day

My memory from 2017 - even with sore feet - the climb was not that bad

Memory serves me well - and with great feet it was enjoyable as I rekindled the memories from 2017

My group - all but me - reserved horses to do the last 8km climb for 40 Euros - not part of my Camino plans

I passed the horse paddock at 12 noon and arrived at the top at my hotel at 2:30pm

They had to wait for the horses to return from the mountain and let at 2 pm and arrived at 4:15pm

On foot I was 15 min longer and I had a brief stop and picture stops along the way

Really nice day and glad to be back in O’Cebriero for the second time

Church is for 7pm which I plan to attend

Lovely afternoon with a couple of grande Radner’s

Pictures

1- view of Villafranca as we left

2- path

3- Albergue we stayed in Vega 2017

4- unfinished bldg same state as 2017

5 house

6- more trail 

7- horses on their way down to pick up our party - not me

8- house and stable - floor is for the livestock - people live above

9- Galicia border

10- NB flag added

11- church

12 - candles in the design of the pilgrim arrow

13- shelf of Bibles - one in every language

Another great day on the Camino

29 for 29 no rain

Luck is holding out

Buen Camino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 34 June 4 Saturday Arzua

Day 32 June 2 Thursday Portomarin

Day 33 June 3 Friday Palas de Rei