Day 22 May 23

Day 22 May 23 Monday as we left town this morning at 7:20am. We are day one of week four of our Camino trek. The time really is passing too quickly. Tomorrow I will be retracing my 2017 Camino journey. This will be a memory test for me.

Lots of pilgrims on the road as we crossed the bridge heading out of town

Great foot bridge which spanned a significant marsh and stream section - much appreciated keeping the foot ware dry- remembering five years ago some areas that we will encounter past Leon not so fortunate

Lots of stork pictures along the way but this was a first on my level. I think they have hatched as the mothers are all standing in the nests

The more heat - the more we see the huge roses. These were spectacular walking by a residence early this morning

I have seen a number of quotes along the Camino attributed to this Russel Kenny. I thought this one was quite true

Arrived at the city boundary after 3 hr walk this morning and another hour to get to the city centre 

Lovely fountain to welcome us to Leon

We are staying in an old monastery converted to luxury hotel. This is the court yard where I await my fellow pilgrims and where I composed this note

More Leon pictures later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 34 June 4 Saturday Arzua

Day 32 June 2 Thursday Portomarin

Day 33 June 3 Friday Palas de Rei